- Atsumi G.
- Murakami M.
- Kojima K.
- Hadano A.
- Tajima M.
- Kudo I.
PLA2 IN ASTROCYTES
Response to receptor agonists
- Neary J.T.
- Kang Y.
- Bu Y.
- Yu E.
- Akong K.
- Peters C.M.
Response to oxidative agents
- Han W.K.
- Sapirstein A.
- Hung C.C.
- Alessandrini A.
- Bonventre J.V.
Response to inflammatory agents
- Hernandez M.
- Bayon Y.
- Sanchez C.M.
- Nieto M.L.
- Hernandez M.
- Bayon Y.
- Sanchez C.M.
- Nieto M.L.
PLA2 IN MICROGLIAL CELLS
PLA2 IN NEURONS
- Pepicelli O.
- Fedele E.
- Bonanno G.
- Raiteri M.
- Ajmone-Cat M.A.
- Greco A.
- Levi G.
- Minghetti L.
PLA2 IN NEUROBLASTOMA CELLS
PLA2 IN NEURODEGENERATIVE DISEASES
- Akama K.T.
- Van Eldik L.J.
- Akama K.T.
- Van Eldik L.J.
Neurodegeneration mediated by excitotoxic agents
- Effects of ischemia and electroconvulsive shock on free fatty acid pool in the brain.Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 1970; 218: 1-10
- The acyl and alk-1-enyl groups of the major phosphoglycerides from ox brain myelin and mouse brain microsomal, mitochondrial and myelin fractions.Lipids. 1970; 5: 1006-1012
- Deacylation and reacylation of neural membrane glycerophospholipids: a matter of life and death.J. Mol. Neurosci. 2000; 14: 123-135
- Enzymes of membrane phospholipid metabolism in animals.in: Martonosi A. The Enzymes of Biological Membranes. Vol. 2. Plenum Press, New York1979: 3-85
- Deacylation-reacylation of arachidonoyl groups in cerebral phospholipids.Ann. N.Y. Acad. Sci. 1989; 559: 37-55
- Characterization of the enzymic transfer of arachidonoyl groups to 1-acyl-phosphoglycerides in mouse synaptosome fraction.J. Neurochem. 1978; 30: 77-82
- Phospholipase A2s in cell injury and death.J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 2000; 294: 793-799
- Regulatory functions of phospholipase A2.Crit. Rev. Immunol. 1997; 17: 225-283
- Phospholipase A2.J. Biochem. (Tokyo). 2002; 131: 285-292
- Biological effects of group IIA secreted phospholipase A2.FEBS Lett. 2002; 531: 7-11
- Recent advances in the regulation of cytosolic phospholipase A2.Adv. Enzyme Reg. 2000; 40: 255-268
- Expression and function of phospholipase A2 in brain.FEBS Lett. 2002; 531: 12-17
- Phospholipase A2 and its role in brain tissue.J. Neurochem. 1997; 69: 889-901
- Intracellular calcium signals regulating cytosolic phospholipase A2 translocation to internal membranes.J. Biol. Chem. 2001; 276: 30151-30160
- Role of phosphorylation sites and the C2 domain in regulation of cytosolic phospholipase A2.J. Cell Biol. 1999; 145: 1219-1232
- CaM kinase II alpha mediates norepinephrine-induced translocation of cytosolic phospholipase A2 to the nuclear envelope.J. Cell Sci. 2003; 116: 353-365
- Phospholipase A2 (PLA2) enzymes in membrane trafficking: mediators of membrane shape and function.Traffic. 2003; 4: 214-221
- Structures, enzymatic properties, and expression of novel human and mouse secretory phospholipase A2s.J. Biol. Chem. 2000; 275: 5785-5793
- Cytokine induction of iNOS and sPLA2 in immortalized astrocytes (DITNC): response to genistein and pyrrolidine dithiocarbamate.J. Interferon Cytokine Res. 1999; 19: 121-127
- Inflammatory factors stimulate expression of group II phospholipase A2 in rat cultured astrocytes. Two distinct pathways of the gene expression.J. Biol. Chem. 1991; 266: 9956-9960
- Stimulation of group II phospholipase A2 mRNA expression and release in an immortalized astrocyte cell line (DITNC) by LPS, TNFα, and IL-1β. Interactive effects.Mol. Chem. Neuropathol. 1995; 25: 1-17
- Prostaglandin E2 production in astrocytes: regulation by cytokines, extracellular ATP, and oxidative agents.Prostaglandins, Leukot. Essent. Fatty Acids. 2003; 69: 437-448
- Expression of group II phospholipase A2 in rat brain after severe forebrain ischemia and in endotoxic shock.Brain Res. 1994; 651: 353-356
- Ca2+-independent phospholipase A2 is required for agonist-induced Ca2+ sensitization of contraction in vascular smooth muscle.J. Biol. Chem. 2003; 278: 1856-1863
- Distinct roles of two intracellular phospholipase A2s in fatty acid release in the cell death pathway: proteolytic fragment of type IVA cytosolic phospholipase A2α inhibits stimulus-induced arachidonate release, whereas that of group VI Ca2+-independent phospholipase A2 augments spontaneous fatty acid release.J. Biol. Chem. 2000; 275: 18248-18258
- Group-specific assays that distinguish between the four major types of mammalian phospholipase A2.Anal. Biochem. 1999; 269: 278-288
- Coexpression of phospholipase A2 in rat striatal astrocytes.Neurosci. Lett. 1998; 247: 83-86
- The past, present and future of purine nucleotides as signaling molecules.Neuropharmacology. 1997; 36: 1127-1139
- P2Y receptors in the nervous system: molecular studies of a P2Y2 receptor subtype from NG-108–15 neuroblastoma x glioma hybrid cells.Prog. Brain Res. 1999; 120: 33-43
- P2 receptor-types involved in astrogliosis in vivo.Br. J. Pharmacol. 2001; 134: 1180-1189
- P2Y and P2X purinoceptor mediated Ca2+ signaling in glial cell pathology in the central nervous system.Eur. J. Pharmacol. 2002; 447: 247-260
- Mitogenic signaling by ATP/P2Y purinergic receptors in astrocytes: involvement of a calcium-independent protein kinase C, extracellular signal-regulated protein kinase pathway distinct from the phosphatidylinositol-specific phospholipase C/calcium pathway.J. Neurosci. 1999; 19: 4211-4220
- Purinergic P2Y receptors on astrocytes are directly coupled to phospholipase A2.Glia. 1993; 7: 219-224
- ATP-induced arachidonic acid release in cultured astrocytes is mediated by Gi-protein-coupled P2Y1 and P2Y2 receptors.Glia. 1998; 22: 360-370
- Interleukin-1 enhances the ATP-evoked release of arachidonic acid from mouse astrocytes.J. Neurosci. 1997; 17: 2939-2946
- Role of PKC and MAPK in cytosolic PLA2 phosphorylation and arachidonic acid release in primary murine astrocytes.J. Neurochem. 2002; 83: 259-270
- Docosahexaenoic acid and arachidonic acid release in rat brain astrocytes is mediated by two separate isoforms of phospholipase A2 and is differently regulated by cyclic AMP and Ca2+.Br. J. Pharmacol. 2003; 139: 1014-1022
- Endothelin-evoked release of arachidonic acid from mouse astrocytes in primary culture.Eur. J. Neurosci. 1992; 4: 993-999
- Role of protein kinase C alpha and mitogen-activated protein kinases in endothelin-1-stimulation of cytosolic phospholipase A2 in iris sphincter smooth muscle.J. Cardiovasc. Pharmacol. 2000; 36: 117-119
- Endothelin-1-induced arachidonic acid release by cytosolic phospholipase A2 activation in rat vascular smooth muscle via extracellular signal-regulated kinases pathway.Biochem. Pharmacol. 2002; 64: 425-431
- Serotonin 5-hydroxytryptamine (2A) receptor-coupled phospholipase C and phospholipase A2 signaling pathways have different receptor reserves.J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 2003; 304: 229-237
- A complex signaling cascade links the serotonin2A receptor to phospholipase A2 activation: the involvement of MAP kinases.J. Neurochem. 2003; 86: 980-991
- Influence of calcium and iron on cell death and mitochondrial function in oxidatively stressed astrocytes.J. Neurosci. Res. 1999; 55: 674-685
- Alterations of antioxidant enzyme expression in response to hydrogen peroxide.Free Radic. Biol. Med. 1998; 24: 27-38
- Oxidants as stimulators of signal transduction.Free Radic. Biol. Med. 1997; 22: 269-285
- Protein kinase C signaling and oxidative stress.Free Radic. Biol. Med. 2000; 28: 1349-1361
- Activation of protein kinase C by tyrosine phosphorylation in response to H2O2.Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 2001; 94: 11233-11237
- Oxidative stress induces proorphanin FQ and proenkephalin gene expression in astrocytes through p38- and ERK-MAP kinases and NF-κB.J. Neurochem. 2001; 79: 35-44
- Effects of oxidative stress on phospholipid signaling in rat cultured astrocytes and brain slices.J. Neurochem. 2000; 75: 788-794
- Mediation by arachidonic acid metabolites of the H2O2-induced stimulation of mitogen-activated protein kinases (extracellular-signal-regulated kinase and c-Jun NH2-terminal kinase).Eur. J. Biochem. 1997; 244: 587-595
- Oxidant-mediated AA release from astrocytes involves cPLA2 and iPLA2.Free Radic. Biol. Med. 2003; 34: 1531-1543
- Cross-talk between cytosolic phospholipase A2alpha (cPLA2alpha) and secretory phospholipase A2 (sPLA2) in hydrogen peroxide-induced arachidonic acid release in murine mesangial cells. SPLA2 regulates cPLA2alpha activity that is responsible for arachidonic acid release.J. Biol. Chem. 2003; 278: 24153-24163
- A natural disruption of the secretory group II phospholipase A2 gene in inbred mouse strains.J. Biol. Chem. 1995; 270: 22378-22385
- Role of cytosolic phospholipase A2 in prostaglandin E2 production by lung fibroblasts.Am. J. Respir. Cell Mol. Biol. 2004; 30: 91-100
- Co-localization of cytosolic phosplolipase A(2) and cyclooxygenase-2 in Rhesus monkey cerebellum.Brain Res. Mol. Brain Res. 2003; 116: 106-114
- Signaling mechanisms involved in the activation of arachidonic acid metabolism in human astrocytoma cells by tumor necrosis factor alpha: phosphorylation of cytosolic phospholipase A2 and transactivation of cyclooxygenase-2.J. Neurochem. 1999; 73: 1641-1649
- The differential regulation of group IIA and group V low molecular weight phospholipase A2 in cultured rat astrocytes.J. Biol. Chem. 2000; 275: 10876-10886
- Immune function of microglia.Glia. 2001; 36: 165-179
- Novel strategies for opposing murine microglial activation.Neurosci. Lett. 2000; 278: 5-8
- The role of cyclo-oxygenase 1 and 2 activity in prostaglandin E2 secretion by cultured human adult microglia: implications for Alzheimer's disease.Brain Res. 2002; 951: 218-226
- Modification of glutamate receptors by phospholipase A2: its role in adaptive neural plasticity.Cell. Mol. Life Sci. 2000; 57: 1542-1550
- Potassium-evoked glutamate release liberates arachidonic acid from cortical neurons.J. Biol. Chem. 2002; 15: 43881-43887
- Cyclothiazide unmasks an AMPA-evoked release of arachidonic acid from cultured striatal neurons.J. Neurochem. 1996; 67: 1551-1558
- Ethanol modulates N-methyl-D-aspartate-evoked arachidonic acid release from neurons.Eur. J. Pharmacol. 1997; 340: 27-34
- Nicotine-induced inhibition of neuronal phospholipase A2.J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 1997; 280: 1277-1283
- Muscarinic cholinergic agonists stimulate arachidonic acid release from mouse striatal neurons in primary culture.J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 1994; 269: 646-653
- Hydrogen peroxide enhances signal-responsive arachidonic acid release from neurons: role of mitogen-activated protein kinase.J. Neurochem. 1998; 70: 2082-2090
- Localization of cytosolic phospholipase A2 messenger RNA mainly in neurons in the rat brain.Neuroscience. 1999; 92: 1061-1077
- In vivo activation of N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors in the rat hippocampus increases prostaglandin E2 extracellular levels and triggers lipid peroxidation through cyclooxygenase-mediated mechanisms.J. Neurochem. 2002; 81: 1028-1034
- Involvement of axonal phospholipase A2 activity in the outgrowth of adult mouse sensory axons in vitro.Neuroscience. 1999; 91: 1539-1547
- Upregulation of cytosolic phospholipase A2 correlates with apoptosis in mouse cervical and dorsal root ganglia neurons.Neurosci. Lett. 1999; 265: 87-90
- Interleukin-1 beta-induced substance P release from rat cultured primary afferent neurons driven by two phospholipase A2 enzymes: secretory type IIA and cytosolic type IV.J. Neurochem. 2002; 80: 989-997
- Release of secretory phospholipase A2 from rat neuronal cells and its possible function in the regulation of catecholamine secretion.Biochem. J. 1996; 318: 701-709
- Synergy by secretory phospholipase A2 and glutamate on inducing cell death and sustained arachidonic acid metabolic changes in primary cortical neuronal cultures.J. Biol. Chem. 1996; 271: 32722-32728
- Secretory phospholipase A2 potentiates glutamate-induced rat striatal neuronal cell death in vivo.Neurosci. Lett. 1999; 274: 167-170
- Secretory phospholipase A2 induces delayed neuronal COX-2 expression compared with glutamate.J. Neurosci. Res. 2002; 69: 169-177
- Secretory phospholipase A2-mediated neuronal cell death involves glutamate ionotropic receptors.Neuroreport. 2002; 13: 1963-1966
- Glutamate signaling and secretory phospholipase A2 modulate the release of arachidonic acid from neuronal membranes.J. Neurosci. Res. 2002; 68: 558-567
- Secreted phospholipase A2-induced neurotoxicity and epileptic seizures after intracerebral administration: an unexplained heterogeneity as emphasized with paradoxin and crotoxin.J. Neurosci. Res. 1998; 54: 848-862
- Human group IIA secretory phospholipase A2 induces neuronal cell death via apoptosis.Mol. Pharmacol. 2002; 61: 114-126
- Human group IIA secretory phospholipase A2 potentiates Ca2+ influx through L-type voltage-sensitive Ca2+ channels in cultured rat cortical neurons.J. Neurochem. 2003; 85: 749-758
- Cytosolic phospholipase A2 and lipoxygenase are involved in cell cycle progression in neuroblastoma cells.Cell. Mol. Life Sci. 2002; 59: 181-188
- Effect of retinoic acid on the Ca2+-independent phospholipase A2 in nuclei of LA-N-1 neuroblastoma cells.Neurochem. Res. 2001; 26: 83-88
- Interleukin-1beta induced cyclooxygenase 2 expression and prostaglandin E2 secretion by human neuroblastoma cells: implications for Alzheimer's disease.Exp. Gerontol. 2001; 36: 559-570
- Arachidonate release and c-fos expression in various models of hypoxia and hypoxia-hypoglycemia in retinoic acid differentiated neuroblastoma cells.Neurochem. Int. 2002; 40: 255-260
- Role of oxidants in ischemic brain damage.Stroke. 1996; 27: 1124-1129
- Focal cerebral ischemia- and reperfusion-induced changes in free fatty acids, neutral glycerides and phosphoglycerides in rat brain cortex.J. Neurochem. 1995; 64: 1688-1695
- Metabolic turnover of arachidonoyl groups in brain membrane phosphoglycerides.in: Horrocks L. Phospholipids in the Nervous System. Vol. 1: Metabolism. Raven Press, New York1982: 75-89
- Cerebral ischemia and inflammation.Curr. Opin. Neurol. 2001; 14: 89-94
- Differential effects of phospholipase inhibitors on free fatty acid efflux in rat cerebral cortex during ischemia-reperfusion injury.Brain Res. 2002; 951: 96-106
- Prostaglandin H synthase-2 and cytosolic phospholipase A2 in the hypoxic-ischemic brain: role in neuronal death or survival?.Brain Res. Mol. Brain Res. 1997; 50: 165-170
- Cytosolic phospholipase A2 is induced in reactive glia following different forms of neurodegeneration.Glia. 1999; 27: 110-128
- Amyloid beta-peptide and amyloid pathology are central to the oxidative stress and inflammatory cascades under which Alzheimer's disease brain exists.J. Alzheimers Dis. 2002; 4: 193-201
- Evidence that amyloid beta-peptide-induced lipid peroxidation and its sequelae in Alzheimer's disease brain contribute to neuronal death.Neurobiol. Aging. 2002; 23: 655-664
- Beta-amyloid stimulation of inducible nitric-oxide synthase in astrocytes is interleukin-1beta- and tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF alpha)-dependent, and involves a TNF alpha receptor-associated factor and NFkappaB-inducing kinase-dependent signaling mechanism.J. Biol. Chem. 2000; 275: 7918-7924
- Oxidative stress, perturbed calcium homeostasis, and immune dysfunction in Alzheimer's disease.J. Neurovirol. 2002; 8: 539-550
- Alzheimer's disease and oxidative stress.J. Biomed. Biotechnol. 2002; 2: 120-123
- Increased lipid peroxidation precedes amyloid plaque formation in an animal model of Alzheimer amyloidosis.J. Neurosci. 2001; 21: 4183-4187
- Membrane phospholipids alterations in Alzheimer's disease: deficiency of ethanolamine plasmalogens.Neurochem. Res. 1997; 22: 523-527
- Plasmalogen deficiency in early Alzheimer's disease subjects and in animal models: molecular characterization using electrospray ionization mass spectrometry.J. Neurochem. 2001; 77: 1168-1180
- Plasmalogens, phospholipase A2, and docosahexaenoic acid turnover in brain tissue.J. Mol. Neurosci. 2001; 16: 263-272
- Ethanolamine plasmalogens protect cholesterol-rich liposomal membranes from oxidation caused by free radicals.Chem. Phys. Lipids. 2002; 120: 145-151
- Deficiency in ethanolamine plasmalogen leads to altered cholesterol transport.J. Lipid Res. 2003; 44: 182-192
- Phospholipid-metabolizing enzymes in Alzheimers disease: increased lysophospholipid acyltransferase activity and decreased phospholipase A2 activity.J. Neurochem. 1998; 70: 786-793
- A frontal variant of Alzheimer's disease exhibits decreased calcium-independent phospholipase A2 activity in the prefrontal cortex.Neurochem. Int. 2000; 37: 17-31
- Cytosolic phospholipase A2 (cPLA2) immunoreactivity is elevated in Alzheimer's disease brain.Neurobiol. Dis. 1996; 3: 51-63
- Gene expression profiling of 12633 genes in Alzheimer hippocampal CA1: transcription and neurotrophic factor down-regulation and up-regulation of apoptotic and pro-inflammatory signaling.J. Neurosci. Res. 2002; 70: 462-473
- Phospholipases as mediators of amyloid beta peptide neurotoxicity: an early event contributing to neurodegeneration characteristic of Alzheimer's disease.Neurosci. Lett. 1998; 257: 93-96
- (-)Nicotine inhibits the activations of phospholipase A2 and D by amyloid beta peptide.Brain Res. 1998; 800: 275-281
- Discussion of the role of the extracellular signal-regulated kinase-phospholipase A2 pathway in production of reactive oxygen species in Alzheimer's disease.Neurochem. Res. 2003; 28: 319-326
- Protective effect of quinacrine on striatal dopamine levels in 6-OHDA and MPTP models of Parkinsonism in rodents.Brain Res. Bull. 2001; 54: 77-82
- Mice deficient in group IV cytosolic phospholipase A2 are resistant to MPTP neurotoxicity.J. Neurochem. 1998; 71: 2634-2637
- Quinacrine abolishes increases in cytoplasmic phospholipase A2 mRNA levels in the rat hippocampus after kainate-induced neuronal injury.Exp. Brain Res. 2003; 148: 521-524
- A light and electron microscopic study of cytoplasmic phospholipase A2 and cyclooxygenase-2 in the hippocampus after kainate lesions.Brain Res. 1998; 788: 223-231
- Hippocampal kindling epileptogenesis upregulates neuronal cyclooxygenase-2 expression in neocortex.Exp. Neurol. 2003; 179: 167-175
Published, JLR Papers in Press, December 1, 2003. DOI 10.1194/jlr.R300016-JLR200
User licenseCreative Commons Attribution (CC BY 4.0) |
- Read, print & download
- Redistribute or republish the final article
- Text & data mine
- Translate the article
- Reuse portions or extracts from the article in other works
- Sell or re-use for commercial purposes
Elsevier's open access license policy