LDL and lipoprotein-free serum preparation and purification
Internalization of fluorescent LDLs
HMG - CoA-reductase assay
p38 and JNK MAPK activity assays
Cell spreading measurements
LDLs activate the p38 but not the JNK MAPK pathway in human fibroblasts
- Ouwens D.M.
- de Ruiter N.D.
- van der Zon G.C.
- Carter A.P.
- Schouten J.
- van der Burgt B.C.
- Kooistra K.
- Bos J.L.
- Maassen J.A.
- van Dam H.
LDL-induced p38 activation is not mediated by the LDLR
LDLs induce lamellipodia formation and cell spreading in a p38 MAPK-dependent manner
- Atherosclerosis. The road ahead.Cell. 2001; 104: 503-516
- Serum cholesterol, blood pressure, and mortality: implications from a cohort of 361,662 men.Lancet. 1986; 2: 933-936
- Does the coronary risk factor low density lipoprotein alter growth and signaling in vascular smooth muscle cells?.FASEB J. 2002; 16: 1477-1487
- Low-density lipoprotein activates Jun N-terminal kinase (JNK) in human endothelial cells.Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 1999; 1436: 557-564
- Increased expression and activation of stress-activated protein kinases/c-Jun NH(2)-terminal protein kinases in atherosclerotic lesions coincide with p53.Am. J. Pathol. 2000; 156: 1875-1886
- Contribution of adventitial fibroblasts to neointima formation and vascular remodeling: from innocent bystander to active participant.Circ. Res. 2001; 89: 1111-1121
- The distribution and chemical composition of ultracentrifugally separated lipoproteins in human serum.J. Clin. Invest. 1955; 34: 1345-1353
- Immunofractionation of high density lipoprotein subclasses 2 and 3. Similarities and differences of fractions isolated from male and female populations.Atherosclerosis. 1990; 83: 35-45
- Ferrous ion oxidation in the presence of the ferric ion indicator xylenol orange for the measure of hydroperoxides: the FOX assay.Methods Enzymol. 1994; 233: 182-189
- Familial hypercholesterolemia: defective binding of lipoproteins to cultured fibroblasts associated with impaired regulation of 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl coenzyme A reductase activity.Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 1974; 71: 788-792
- MEKK1, a substrate for DEVD-directed caspases, is involved in genotoxin-induced apoptosis.Mol. Cell. Biol. 1998; 18: 2416-2429
- Antiapoptotic signaling generated by caspase-induced cleavage of RasGAP.Mol. Cell. Biol. 2001; 21: 5346-5358
- Cell adhesion differentially regulates the nucleocytoplasmic distribution of active MAP kinases.J. Cell Sci. 2002; 115: 2781-2790
- Plasma apolipoprotein(a) co-deposits with fibrin in inflammatory arthritic joints.Am. J. Pathol. 2001; 159: 1445-1453
- Growth factors can activate ATF2 via a two-step mechanism: phosphorylation of Thr71 through the Ras-MEK-ERK pathway and of Thr69 through RalGDS-Src-p38.EMBO J. 2002; 21: 3782-3793
- Regulation of estrogen receptor nuclear export by ligand-induced and p38-mediated receptor phosphorylation.Mol. Cell. Biol. 2002; 22: 5835-5845
- Apoptosis by pan-caspase inhibitors in lipopolysaccharide-activated macrophages.Am. J. Physiol. Lung Cell. Mol. Physiol. 2001; 281: L1095-L1105
- Activation of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase by oxidized LDL in vascular smooth muscle cells: mediation via pertussis toxin-sensitive G proteins and association with oxidized LDL-induced cytotoxicity.Circ. Res. 1999; 84: 831-839
- Regulation of gene expression by SREBP and SCAP.Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 2000; 1529: 103-113
- p38 MAP kinase activation by vascular endothelial growth factor mediates actin reorganization and cell migration in human endothelial cells.Oncogene. 1997; 15: 2169-2177
- MAPK pathways: conservation of a three-kinase module from yeast to man.Physiol. Rev. 1999; 79: 143-180
- Early platelet activation by low density lipoprotein via p38MAP kinase.Thromb. Haemost. 1999; 82: 1749-1756
- Activation of the p38 MAP kinase pathway is required for foam cell formation from macrophages exposed to oxidized LDL.APMIS. 2002; 110: 458-468
- Troglitazone and rosiglitazone inhibit the low density lipoprotein-induced vascular smooth muscle cell growth.Exp. Clin. Endocrinol. Diabetes. 2001; 109: 203-209
- LDL-activated p38 in endothelial cells is mediated by Ras.Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 2001; 21: 1159-1164
- The growth-promoting effect of low-density lipoprotein may be mediated by a pertussis toxin-sensitive mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway.Mol. Pharmacol. 1997; 52: 389-397
- Lipoperoxides in LDL incubated with fibroblasts that overexpress 15-lipoxygenase.J. Lipid Res. 1995; 36: 1996-2004
- Fibroblasts that overexpress 15-lipoxygenase generate bioactive and minimally modified LDL.Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 1997; 17: 3639-3645
- Lysophosphatidylcholine activates p38 and p42/44 mitogen-activated protein kinases in monocytic THP-1 cells, but only p38 activation is involved in its stimulated chemotaxis.Circ. Res. 2000; 87: 52-59
- Lysophosphatidylcholine induces apoptosis in human endothelial cells through a p38-mitogen-activated protein kinase-dependent mechanism.Atherosclerosis. 2002; 161: 387-394
- Molecular medicine. The cholesterol quartet.Science. 2001; 292: 1310-1312
- Role of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase in neointimal hyperplasia after vascular injury.Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 2000; 20: 2521-2526
Published, JLR Papers in Press, September 1, 2003. DOI 10.1194/jlr.M300266-JLR200
User LicenseCreative Commons Attribution (CC BY 4.0) |
- Read, print & download
- Redistribute or republish the final article
- Text & data mine
- Translate the article
- Reuse portions or extracts from the article in other works
- Sell or re-use for commercial purposes
Elsevier's open access license policy